About CLAS Consultancy
CLAS (CESG Listed Advisor Scheme) is a list of CESG-approved Information Assurance (IA) consultants with demonstrable expertise in HMG security policies and protection of data. The CLAS scheme was created to leverage the resources of the private sector to provide CESG-lead security advice to government departments and key governmental commercial supplier organisations. The CLAS scheme was setup to safeguard data in the face of advancing threats and vulnerabilities as the result of the increased availability of public data and connectivity between HMG systems. The CLAS scheme is effectively a partnership which links the unique IA knowledge of CESG with the expertise and resources of the private sector.
ReactionIS are also members of the CESG CHECK penetration testing scheme and are ideally placed to provide CLAS Information Assurance services alongside CHECK penetration testing in a single package.
Our CLAS consultants are all security cleared and are experts in guiding clients through the complex web of government security policy and industry security standards. CLAS consultants can help you to understand the risk to official systems and the pathways available to mitigate those risks. Our consultants can be especially useful to government bodies wishing to connect to secure networks such as the GSI and GCSx networks and help them to maintain their accreditation.
Our CLAS Consultant services include the following:
- Development and Review of Risk Management and Accreditation Document Sets (RMADS)
- Construction of accreditation frameworks
- CESG CHECK penetration testing
- Information Assurance Maturity Model and Accreditation Services Maturity Model assessments
- HMG IS6 and ISO27001 audits
- Security architecture and network design reviews and advice
- Trusted security advisory services
- Guidance on conformance with CESG and industry security standards
- Development of IT operating procedures and security policies
- Technical risk and business impact assessments against HMG IS1
As part of our trusted security advisor services, we are able to assist in developing business cases and tender evaluations, provide advice on departmental IT strategy, assess physical security of computing facilities and buildings, assist with development and implementation of security policy and industry standards compliance and provide advice on emerging technologies including cloud computing and the Public Sector Network (PSN).
Please get in touch for more details.