Safend Data Protector Agent Private Key Material in Log File
Safend Data Protector Agent leaves PKI private key material in a log file accessible by all users.
- CVE number: CVE-2012-4767
- Impact: Low
- Vendor homepage: http://www.wave.com/products/safend-protector
- Vendor notified: 11/09/2012
- Vendor response: (updated 11/12/12) The private key is being used for inter-process communication on the machine, not for client-server communications.
- Credit: Joseph Sheridan of ReactionIS
Safend Data (Client software) 3.4.5586.9772. Other versions may also be affected.
The private key data is in the securitylayer.log file in a directory called "logs.9772". This key could potentially be used to affect inter-process communication.
An attacker may be able to affect inter-process communication.
This issue will be fixed in the next release.
Reaction Information Security is a leading independent pen test consultancy specialising in delivering the highest quality security testing services including network pen testing and web application security testing. As a CESG CHECK Service Provider we are authorised to carry out penetration testing on classified government networks.