Layton Helpbox 4.4.0 Reflected Cross-Site Scripting by Joseph Sheridan
Layton Technologies Helpbox product version 4.4.0 is vulnerable to a reflected cross-site scripting vulnerability.
- CVE number: CVE-2012-4972
- Impact: Medium
- Vendor homepage: http://www.laytontechnology.com
- Vendor notified: 10/09/2012
- Vendor response: This product has been replaced by 'ServiceDesk' but fixes may be available with valid support contracts.
- Credit: Joseph Sheridan of ReactionIS
The following pages and parameters were found to be vulnerable:
deletesolution.asp (sys_solution_id GET param)
An attacker may be able to steal session cookies, attempt to install software or redirect victims to malicious sites.
Layton advise upgrading to their newer 'ServiceDesk' product. However, if you have an active support contract, Layton may be able to provide fixes for you.
Reaction Information Security is a leading independent pen test consultancy specialising in delivering the highest quality security testing services including network pen testing and web application security testing. As a CESG CHECK Service Provider we are authorised to carry out penetration testing on classified government networks.