Layton Helpbox 4.4.0 Authorisation Bypass Vulnerability by Joseph Sheridan
Layton Technologies Helpbox product version 4.4.0 is vulnerable to an authorisation bypass vulnerability.
- CVE number: CVE-2012-4975
- Impact: Medium
- Vendor homepage: http://www.laytontechnology.com
- Vendor notified: 10/09/2012
- Vendor response: This product has been replaced by 'ServiceDesk' but fixes may be available with valid support contracts.
- Credit: Joseph Sheridan of ReactionIS
It is possible to access other users' support tickets simply by changing the 'sys_request_id' parameter to an arbitrary value on the editrequestuser.asp page.
An attacker can login as any user he/she wishes and make arbitrary changes to the application data.
Layton advise upgrading to their newer 'ServiceDesk' product. However, if you have an active support contract, Layton may be able to provide fixes for you.
Reaction Information Security is a leading independent pen test consultancy specialising in delivering the highest quality security testing services including network pen testing and web application security testing. As a CESG CHECK Service Provider we are authorised to carry out penetration testing on classified government networks.